Currently, I'm using an existing relief shader that i found. It's fairly simple and pretty much what I need for figuring out what I actually need in my shader, that is to be implemented soon enough. I've also made a testing height map, which is so bad that I won't show it here... :)

However, I'm done some testing and here are some comparisons:

Parallax Diffuse, view 1:

Unmodified test shader, view 1:

As you can see, the test shader adds alot more depth to the surface, but the height map isn't that good, so some parts looks better then others. 
Some of the reddish colors I talked about in the last post, is created by the parallax shader, seen while comparing the two. Though, it's still to reddish when using the test shader.

I decided to take a look inside the test shader, and ended up modifying some attributes. Also, I cranked up the binary search steps a bit, though this change doesn't do so much until I have made a proper height map. The result was way better:

Parallax Diffuse, view 2:

Modified test shader, view 2:

The modified attributes were simply a quick fix. I added a multiplier of 0.9 to the gloss attribute and a multiplier of 0.8 to the rgb color scheme. For the binary search, I added 5 more steps, which is a whole lot. But it certainly made some difference.

As the testing has given me some clues about how to implement the actual KTH brick wall relief mapping shader, I'll begin implementing tomorrow or something. 

Note: The shader used for testing can be found here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/fabio-policarpo-relief-mapping-with-correct-silhouettes.32451/

No comments:

Post a Comment